Inspired by my “Weekly Readers” book club tote that served as my bag for many years, this small tote is perfect for a few essentials and will leave you unburdened, especially if you are the type who loathes a weighty carryall. Perfect for books, iPads, e-readers, &c.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Leather handles from deadstock to well-worn WWII gunsling
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Brass rivets
- Fits most iPads and other tablets
- 1 exterior pocket
- 7 canvas colours available
- Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
Peg & Awl is a husband and wife team, with a boy called Søren and a boy called Silas. They live and work in Philadelphia, Penn. Their work is made from olde things, treasures found and recovered from misfortune and neglect, relics of the unusual, the confused and the macabre, cut and pulled and built into wearable curiosities, inscribable keepsakes and useable, longlasting treasures. They used to make them for themselves, and now they make them for everyone.